ELORO denominazione d’origine controllata
- Variety:100% Nero d’ Avola
- Classification:DOC Eloro
- Town of production:Noto (Siracusa)
- Altitude:About 50 metres
- Soil:Limey of fine consistency
- Yield per hectare:HL 70
- Density per hectare:Between 4500and 5500 plants
- Period of harvest:2014
- Vinification:The grapes are harvested at the right stage of ripeness and vinifies at controlled temperature between 28 and 32°c. The maceration of the marc lasts for about 10/15 days.
- Aging:8 months in stainless steel tanks and 6 months in chestnut tonneaus.
- Period of bottling:2012
- Alcohol content:14% vol
- Total acidity:6 g/l
- Colour:Ruby red
- Scent:Intense and round
- Serving suggestions:Flavoursome meat-based second courses (lamb, kid, boar and game), matured, strong-tasting and spicy cheeses.
- Conservation:The bottles should be kept preferably in a horizontal position at between 14 and 16°c.